Many aspects of today’s business can have national security implications. Threats and technologies are constantly changing, and so it may seem, are the government’s guidance and regulations.
We work directly with corporate clients and their counsel supporting mission-critical programs to:
- Validate corporate compliance with government mandates
- Test corporate compliance programs to ensure they are meeting the requirements of regulators and government-imposed mitigation plans.
- Develop and test holistic compliance and security programs that are proactive in addressing national security threats and other government concerns.
Whether the challenges relate to CFIUS, sanctions and export controls, cybersecurity, or anti-corruption, we can help you meet compliance mandates and guard your sensitive data. This allows you to address the most difficult challenges and continue moving forward with important opportunities.
Founded, led, and staffed by former senior national and homeland security, law enforcement, and other U.S. government officials, Guidepost knows national security. Our professionals have unparalleled experience designing, implementing, and enforcing national security programs at the most senior levels of government. Our team includes former senior officials from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, United States Secret Service, Homeland Security Investigations, as well as numerous United States Attorney’s Offices and the Homeland Security Council at the White House. We have extensive experience working with the Departments of Defense, Treasury, Commerce, Justice, and Homeland Security.
Our National Security Practice includes these focus areas:
CFIUS: We can identify key risk areas, develop appropriate mitigation measures, and where required, CFIUS compliance monitoring and auditing. We provide a practical, thoughtful approach that recognizes business needs as well as the government’s requirements.
Sanctions and Export Controls: We can assist with compliance planning and perform critical monitoring of anti-money laundering (AML), U.S. economic sanctions programs, and a variety of trade compliance matters, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Cybersecurity and Data Privacy: We provide top-level planning approach through our comprehensive threat, risk, and vulnerability assessment and services to protect against a full spectrum of security and privacy issues.
Government Contracts: We assist in addressing challenges relating to national security and government contract. We have served as experts and assisted law firms and companies in responding to audits and investigations and well as conducting internal investigations.
Why Choose Guidepost?
- Experience: Members of our team have significant experience inside key agencies of the United States government, including the White House, Department of Justice, Department of the Treasury, Department of Commerce, Department of Homeland Security, FBI, Homeland Security Investigations, Congress and US Attorneys’ offices around the country.
- Credibility: Several members of our team maintain high-level security clearances and maintain regular contact with US government officials regarding compliance and regulatory issues.
- Leadership: Our National Security practice is led by a former senior FBI Official, Stephanie Douglas who had oversight for the FBI’s National Security Branch.