Many aspects of today’s business can have national security implications. Threats and technologies are constantly changing, and so it may seem, is the government’s guidance and regulations.
We work directly with corporate clients and their counsel supporting mission-critical programs to:
- Validate corporate compliance with government mandates
- Test corporate compliance programs to ensure they are meeting the requirements of regulators and government-imposed mitigation plans.
- Develop and test wholistic compliance and security programs that are proactive in addressing national security threats and concerns by the government.
Whether the challenges relate to CFIUS, sanctions and export controls, cybersecurity, anti-corruption, or immigration, we can help you meet compliance mandates and guard your sensitive data. This allows you to address the most difficult challenges and continue moving forward with important opportunities.
Founded, led and staffed by former senior law enforcement and other U.S. government officials, Guidepost knows national security. Our professionals have unparalleled experience designing, implementing and enforcing national security programs at the most senior levels of government. Our team includes former law enforcement officials from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, United States Secret Service, and Homeland Security Investigations, as well as numerous United States Attorney’s Offices. We have extensive experience working with the Departments of Defense, Treasury, Justice, and Homeland Security.
Our National Security Practice includes these focus areas:
CFIUS: When questions arise regarding CFIUS compliance, we can assist through the identification of key risk areas, the development of appropriate mitigation measures, and where required, CFIUS compliance monitoring and auditing. We have served as government mandated CFIUS monitors and auditors and provide a practical, thoughtful approach that recognizes business needs as well as the government’s requirements. We enjoy good relationships with a number of CFIUS agencies.
Sanctions and Export Controls: Complying with sanctions and export controls requires continued vigilance. Just in the past several years, there have been several major changes to sanctions regulations to ensure you are prepared, Guidepost develops compliance plans and performs critical monitoring of anti-money laundering (AML) and the U.S. economic sanctions programs.
We also assist on a variety of trade compliance matters, including compliance with the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Immigration and Cross-Border Services: We provide guidance on immigration compliance programs for individuals, companies, and schools, helping navigate immigration laws and regulations in their respective industries. We respond to government inquiries and implement effective compliance policies to reduce the risk of immigration enforcement.
Cybersecurity and Data Privacy: We treat cyber threat mitigation with a holistic and top-level planning approach through our comprehensive threat, risk and vulnerability management services to protect against a full spectrum of cyber and physical security issues. These innovative capabilities are specifically designed to improve cyber defense capabilities and prevent or remediate any incidents when they occur.
Guidepost has an exclusive strategic partnership and equity stake in Revolutionary Security, a full-service cyber security firm. This unique partnership of industry-leading security experts offers a depth of expertise and a breadth of services to address a broad range of corporate risk mitigation needs.
Government Contracts: We assist in addressing challenges relating to national security and government contracts. We have served as experts and assisted law firms and companies in responding to audits and investigations, as well as conducting internal investigations.
Why Choose Guidepost?
- Experience: Members of our team have significant experience inside key agencies of the United States government, including the White House, Department of Justice, Department of the Treasury, Department of Commerce, Department of Homeland Security, FBI, Homeland Security Investigations, Congress and US Attorneys’ offices around the country.
- Credibility: Several members of our team maintain high-level security clearances and maintain regular contact with US government officials regarding compliance and regulatory issues.
- Leadership: Our National Security practice is led by a former senior FBI Official, Stephanie Douglas who had oversight for the FBI’s National Security Branch.