In this technology-driven and competitive business era, a single data breach can have a far-reaching negative impact on an organization’s reputation and bottom line. The risks associated with regulatory violations, security breaches and data leaks is very real, and it’s essential to understand the systems and standards external technology providers operate within to control and mitigate exposure. Each company’s third-party IT and software developers need to operate within standards that meet the regulatory guidelines of industry and security requirements. For a modern company that outsources even a fraction of their application services, managing various independent developers and service providers can seem like an overwhelming and impossible task.
At Guidepost Solutions, we’ve established a standalone, comprehensive cyber audit and review system that can help evaluate third-party software developers as well as business partners, vendors, and anyone else sensitive data is shared with to ensure they meet industry and security application standards. We can also assist with overseeing the design and control measures to ensure that new and continuing providers meet security requirements.
OUR APPLICATION SECURITY AND THREAT MITIGATION SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Third-party reviews to make sure software code meets industry and compliance requirements;
- Evaluations of third-party developers, manufacturers, and integrators to ensure they follow secure software coding principles and regulatory guidelines;
- Objective analysis and testing of application code for potential bugs, holes, and weak points;
- Manual penetration testing for software, systems, and code; and
- Insight on the most cost-effective solutions for ensuring external providers meet or exceed internal standards and all industry regulations.