This position reports to the Regional Vice President and collaborates closely with other members of the organization. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for all prospecting/sales opportunities, efforts and successes within the company’s specified territory, and be a practitioner with business development experience in the security services industry.
In order to be successful, this position requires an experienced individual with in-depth physical security consulting knowledge, understanding of security operations and security technology, relationship management skills, sales and revenue generation experience, and proven written and verbal communication skills, i.e. a “seller/doer”.
- Identify business opportunities within the Region through architectural client contacts, contractors, owners / end users, lead organizations, and lead generator software/platforms.
- Execute the office business development plan and strategic approach. These efforts will be in collaboration with the regional management team, project managers and Marketing Team.
- Liaison between regional management team, project managers, and the marketing team on all regional pursuits; attend pre-bid events and assist in making go/no go decisions on project pursuits.
- Attend networking events to develop new relationships and strengthen the Guidepost brand including regional associations.
- Build new sales initiatives and partnerships in the region; schedule and co-present Lunch & Learn programs and assist with regional symposiums, workshops, forums, and seminars.
- Work collaboratively with marketing on meeting proposals, project deadlines, market strategies & promotional ideas, etc.
- Work in CRM system while keeping pipeline updated; providing necessary reports to executive leadership.
- Perform as a subject matter expert for physical security and corporate and operational security. Specifically, is considered a subject matter expert in the following domains:
- Electronic Security Systems
- Security Staffing and Guarding
- Physical Security Measures
- Risk Assessment Methodology
- Workplace Violence, to include Active Assailant
- Health & Safety
- Travel Safety and Security
- Event Security
- Kidnap Preparedness
- Close Protection, to include Executive Protection
- Customer relations, including maintenance of customer satisfaction metrics, responding to customer inquiries, answering phone inquiries, and answering technical and operational end user questions.
- Management of your time and our business development plan, including prioritization of tasks, timing and deadlines to manage multiple deliverables.
- Effective communication & project documentation
- Security Subject Matter Expert: Physical, Operational, and Electronics
- Business Development
- Strong Communications and Networking
- Relationship Management
- Strategic Marketer
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ten (10) years overseeing operational security
- CISSP, CPP and/or PSP
- Demonstrable experience in Job Duties outlined above.
- Preferred experience selling/operating within one or more of our target markets: security services, commercial real estate (office, retail, restaurants, medical, etc.), municipalities, architects/designers, dealers/distributors, developers, and/or contractors.
- Understanding of project management life cycle, with an ability to read and understand proposals and develop from preliminary design through bid process to construction administration.
- Understanding of Corporate Security, physical security, security operations and coordinating security efforts within a corporate environment.
- Comfortable talking with new clients about new opportunities and expansion of existing engagements.
- Experience in responding to RFP's and positioning the company for winning proposals.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook), InDesign preferred; advanced CRM experience, preferably Salesforce.
Travel out-of-area to client sites and overnight travel may be expected.