The Associate Regional Vice President (AVP), will report directly to the Regional Vice President (RVP) of Security, Technology and Consulting (STC). The AVP will assist the RVP with managing regional operations, P&L, manage personnel and technical staff, provide sales support to both business development and strategic accounts, and provide leadership support on major projects. The AVP may also manage Directors and Project Managers, who in turn may manage a team.
- Provide leadership and support for global and regional strategic accounts engagements, especially in the areas of 1) Engineering & Project Management, of the Planning, Design, Bid, Construction Management, and Commissioning of Electronic Security Systems and other Low Voltage Systems, and 2) Operational Security, including but not limited to, Workplace Violence, Close Protection, Travel Security, Event Security, Kidnap Preparedness, and Physical Risk Assessments.
- Responsible for Marketing and Business Development, including the identification of opportunities, development of relationships and accounts, development of proposals, participation in presentation, negotiation of fees, and the oversight of opportunities with existing clients, accounts, and internal departments.
- Maintain project profitability, cost control, revenue projections, and employee productivity over regional operations.
- In addition to working with the RVP, collaborative efforts will involve strategic planning with the President of STC, COO, other AVP’s and senior management team.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, supervising, motivating, and mentoring of employees so they may perform their duties at a high level of excellence, professionalism and quality.
- Work with regional STC team members to ensure Guidepost is delivering a high level of product, customer service and client satisfaction.
- STC resource planning throughout the practice in collaboration with other regional offices.
- Management of centralized production organization supporting all STC offices.
- Establish STC procedures and policies that support the business division and conform to corporate policies.
- Oversee management of the office jurisdiction, diverse teams of project managers and all other direct and indirect reporting employees.
- Responsible for overall project deliverables, client relationships, and work product exceeding our client expectations.
- Responsible for the planning and successful implementation of long-term project strategies.
DETAILED WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Maintain technical subject matter expertise and or market understanding within industries supported by STC.
- Support of corporate finance, budget control and P&L management and forecasting processes.
- Proposal and fee estimation creation and review process for new and ongoing engagements.
- Principal-level project oversight and interaction with STC client base.
- Able to provide and or support threat and physical security assessments, needs assessments, master planning, capital improvement budgeting, security systems design, technology designs, security department optimization, project management, and security improvement programs.
- Leverage extensive experience in the development and implementation of physical security system standards.
- Leadership & Navigation
- Business Acumen
- Marketing and Business Development
- Relationship Management; Mentoring
- Engineering and Consultation
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Ethical Practice
This position manages 1) the office jurisdiction, and 2) employees of the department as assigned and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of fifteen years of combined engineering and consultancy experience.
- Bachelor of Business Administration degree or equal work history experience.
- Software Application Requirements: MS Office Suite 2017 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook), MS Project, SmartSheet, BlueBeam Revu – Current Version.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
ASIS CPP or PSP, CISSP, Certification desired.
Travel out-of-area to other regional offices and overnight travel is expected.