According to Executive Order, it is mandated that federal government contractors take on more to ensure that their companies are assisting in the battle against human trafficking both within their own ranks and also within their supply chains. Federal requirements can be difficult for businesses to manage as most for-profit entities have little experience in the area of human trafficking.
The Guidepost Solutions team has significant experience investigating human trafficking allegations as well as identifying and assisting victims of trafficking and we are well positioned to assist businesses in addressing expanding mandates.
- Development of internal company policies and procedures addressing human trafficking.
- Development of a Code of Supplier Conduct.
- Creation and production of human trafficking awareness and training programs and seminars.
- Outreach and public statement campaign addressing your company’s efforts to combat human trafficking.
- Conducting industry risk assessments on your company and suppliers as required under the Executive Order.
- Formulating the required recruitment, wage and housing plans.
- Creation and program management (if needed) of an employee hotline that ensures that the complaints are memorialized, investigated and that the caller remains anonymous.
- Establishing a third party compliance certification program to ensure all entities within your supply chain are adhering to the standards implemented under the Code of Supplier Conduct.
- Compliance reviews of the anti-trafficking standards to include on-site/unannounced visits to supply chain facilities world-wide.
- Creation of an annual report on the measures undertaken by the company in relation to the human trafficking requirements including results of contractor and sub-contractor compliance.