Today’s financial markets have evolved from traditional banks and investment funds to now include payment processing companies and cryptocurrency businesses. These financial technology firms (FinTech) need to thread the needle by complying with traditional regulatory requirements while continuing to innovate in ways not contemplated when those regulatory requirements were created. Meanwhile, both traditional financial institutions and FinTechs require the latest technology and software solutions to close compliance gaps with maximum efficiency, and they are turning to the new regulatory technology businesses (RegTech) for support. As this technology evolves, so do regulatory expectations about the capabilities of compliance functions to detect and prevent illicit conduct.
Guidepost Solutions, in conjunction with financial technology compliance consulting firm FINTRAIL LTD., launched FINTRAIL Solutions LLC, a financial crime consultancy practice, to address the unique needs of North American FinTech and RegTech firms.
FINTRAIL Solutions was specifically created to assist FinTech and RegTech firms with managing their risks and navigating the uncertainty of future regulations for themselves and their clients.
- Support for legacy businesses seeking transformational services, RegTech companies in need of risk mitigation expertise, and FinTech firms operating in or entering the North American market.
- Building risk focused, compliant and commercially intelligent anti-financial crime frameworks.
- Independent anti-financial crime audit and internal assurance services.
- Remediation services to address anti-financial crime issues.
- Investigations, forensic accounting and cyber response to respond to internal issues and regulatory matters.
- Due diligence and research to make informed business transaction decisions and confident hiring choices.
- Security consulting to address physical, operational, and technology risk
- Access to a North American FinTech FinCrime Exchange (FFE) for collaboration on best practices.