The U. S. government recently increased its enforcement of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the rules and regulations of the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). Guidepost Solutions provides teams of subject matter experts to develop compliance plans and perform critical monitoring of anti-money laundering (AML) and economic sanctions programs. We have expertise supporting traditional financial institutions, as well as non-traditional financial institutions, including hedge funds, credit providers, money service businesses, bitcoin companies, and residential mortgage loan originators (RMLOs).
- Analyze vulnerabilities and develop a compliance program to address risks;
- Conduct or support internal investigations, including support for law firms;
- Serve as subject matter expert for specialized investigations;
- Review and assess internal controls for BSA reporting requirements, currency transaction reports, suspicious activity reports, and OFAC issues;
- Conduct a look-back on identified transactions;
- Serve as Project Management Office for a technology project, including developing an RFP, assisting the firm in the selection of technology and assisting in implementation;
- Assist with review of proposed voluntary disclosures or other complex research/investigations; and
- Establish/review/audit anti-money laundering programs.