Given recent events, responsible business owners and operators are increasingly providing their employees with action plans to handle active shooter and/or workplace violence emergencies at their facilities.
Guidepost Solutions is uniquely equipped to assist, educate and train company employees with emergency awareness, response, and survival techniques for active shooter and workplace violence situations. Our resources include expertise in the areas of law enforcement, engineering, property management and technology, as well as relationships with local law and federal enforcement personnel. This combined with our significant insight, logic and credibility offers clients cutting-edge, actionable recommendations to protect their physical security. Our Active Shooter Training Program fosters coordination between business owners and operators in addition to local emergency response teams, thereby presenting employers and employees with the best possible options for their safety and survival.
Our Active Shooter Training Team includes senior instructors drawn from the FBI Hostage Rescue Team (HRT); Homeland Security Special Response Teams; U.S. Secret Service; federal, state and local SWAT teams; and security executive positions. Members of this training cadre assisted the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in the curriculum update and training delivery of its active shooter program.
Guidepost Solutions will utilize proprietary methodologies to identify, measure, and address physical security threats, risks and vulnerabilities to develop a tailored training program based on a company’s current security posture, physical layout, employee headcount, and nature of their duties at each location. The response tactics of local law enforcement and first responders will also be considered.
Customized training materials and programs include:
- Classroom curriculum
- On-line modules
- Hands-on training
- Certificates of completion
- Coordination with management team to minimize the disruption of the workforce for on-site training
- Focus on current best practices and lessons learned
- On-site training
- Access to a comprehensive library of reference documents
- Descriptions of actions for employees to help themselves, clients, vendors and co-workers
- Training and presentation developed by career law enforcement, private security and emergency professionals
- Descriptions of actions for employees and managers to assist responders