With their fiduciary duties and leadership responsibilities, an organization’s executives and board members must be beyond reproach in terms of character, credentials and skills. Choosing the wrong person, whether the candidate is a prospective hire or involved in a corporate acquisition, joint venture or other business relationship, can cause irreparable damage to a business’ reputation or bottom line.
Guidepost Solutions can verify the bona fides of any potential executive or board member, giving our clients confidence that they have chosen the right person for the job. Our investigative professionals unearth and analyze the credentials, character and background of executive or board candidates to detect any risks in entering into an employment or business association, including:
- Potential conflicts of interest;
- Litigation with a previous employer;
- Allegations of civil, regulatory, or criminal wrongdoing, in a personal or business capacity;
- Fabrications, omissions, or exaggerations in resume, credentials, or other background materials; or
- Problematic associations with government officials.
We employ investigative methods that are appropriate to the level of scrutiny dictated by our clients and that comply with all applicable laws in relevant jurisdictions. Our investigation typically begins with an exhaustive search and analysis of information in the public record and can extend to interviewing relevant individuals (with the discretion that is the hallmark of all of our confidential inquiries).